Advanced 300 hour Certification designed for 200hr Certified teachers, counting towards 500hrs & Health Care Practitioners
Become an expert!
Distinguish yourself from the thousands of novice instructors & practitioners out there while you increase your income, knowledge, and status in the world of yoga & therapeutics with our 300 hour continuing education training for yoga instructors, body-based practitioners and Health Care Professionals.
Join Leslee Watt & Dillon Cherrett and learn gold standard teaching techniques in the arenas of advanced & therapeutic yoga. The training will be two parts combining the complimentary knowledge and expertise of your teachers.
After taking this training you will know how and when to:
- Implement innovative methods in therapeutic exercise, movement medicine, and neuroscience into your classes.
- Offer specific breathing, meditation, and relaxation techniques, based on scientific research and proven studies.
- Address chronic issues in your student population including low back pain, neck & shoulder tension, and poor posture.
- Confidently deliver educated answers to all of your students’ questions.
- Create skillful sequences based on sound therapeutic and neurodevelopmental principals that allow your students to progress safely.
- Customize practices for safe and effective one-on-one delivery.
- Apply advanced physiological facts that will allow you to curate expertly crafted classes and workshops.
- Implement cutting edge concepts such as the Polyvagal Theory and Trauma Informed practices.
- Ask the right questions to rule out red flags and warning signs that your student may need intervention above and beyond what yoga has to offer.
Advanced topics include:
– The Art and Science of Relaxation
– Therapeutic & Pain-relieving Movement Patterns
– Addressing The Mighty Psoas Muscle
– Untangling the Multitude of Meditation Methods
– The Physiology of Intelligent Sequencing
– Pranayama: How, when, and why
– “The Big 6”: The six major muscle groups EVERY body needs to release
– Dynamic Practices for a Balanced Nervous System
Additionally, the focus for this training is an advanced system of alignment, therapeutic in nature, applicable in every pose for every body.
- How to teach the General Form of 68 different Hatha Yoga poses.(Including inversions and Hand Balances)
- Modifications and Variations for each
- Assists that inform the body how to activate the therapeutic alignment strategies.
- How to teach the Universal Alignment as compared to only the General Form of a pose.
- The proper use of yoga props so they become teaching tools and not crutches.
- Muscular Energy & Organic Energy
- The 7 Energy loops of the body
- The Inner and Outer Spiral of Alignment
- Energy Locks (The Bandhas)
- Pranayamas (breathwork)
- Kundalini Yoga and the Chakras
- How to Language your classes to become more clear and concise.
- Templates for balanced and creative class sequencing.
- How to teach multi level classes.
- How to read a class and connect with the heart of your students.
- How to implement Intention in the alignment of the poses.
- How to get your students to breathe in their poses.
- How to teach Savasana so it becomes your favourite pose.
- Partner work and Thai Yoga Massage.
Teacher Training Dates
Sept. 25, 26 2021
Oct. 9, 10
Nov. 6, 7
Dec. 4, 5
Jan. 1, 2 2022
Feb. 12, 13
March 12, 13
April 9, 10
May 7, 8
TO GET STARTED Click here for the: Yoga Teacher Training Agreement
Tuition is $4275.00 plus GST for 300 hr certification.
Tuition can be paid in monthly instalments. Flexible payment structure is available to make this investment affordable.